Thursday, May 28, 2015

BFF 4EVA

Today I said good-bye to my all-time best friend.



I have had many best friends in my life, just like everyone else-- and I called them all by the name of "best friend".  This one was different, though.  It could have been that we went through our major life changes together, or that we were always 100% honest with each other, or that we brought out each other's good sides.  I'm pretty sure it was the latter.  She was good for me like that.

My husband is a wonderful man.  He is who God designed just for me and he gets me on all levels.  Well, almost all.  He'll never have gone through life being a wife or a mom.  My bestie did that for me.  Don't get me wrong, she is still my bestie, but now she is moved to what feels like half a world away.

She'll tell you she's not dying, which I understand.  And she'll tell you that we will see each other 4 times a year, which includes our work functions.  And she'll tell you that we will chat all the time just as always and talk about really stupid stuff, as always.  But, the truth is that's not the truth.

Time will do a job on us-- both good and bad.  There are so many blessings awaiting her and her family over there half a world away.  We have seen God do his amazing things for month's now and I KNOW for honest and truly that this is God really showing off.  And, He'll work his amazing blessings for us on this side of the world too.  I know He's mixing up some amazing stuff for us right here where we are, too.

The bad side is that we will begin to live separate lives and the people that we have in common will no longer be.  She'll have to describe Ms. So-and-so to me a million times because I'll have never met her.  And, maybe our voices will become quieter to each other's ears. Our boys will miss each other so much because they have been friends since conception.  But, most of all, I'll miss you.

See that's just it.  THAT'S the hardest part.  Time will move on and I WILL MISS YOU.

Saw you today and there were a million things I would have liked to say to you through my pinched, watery eyes and the lump in my throat.  But I just couldn't.

I wanted to say that I'll miss our times together  at Salsarita's and our "experiences" at Eez and TCBY.  I'll miss us complaining about our crazy kids and how sweet your daughter has been to mine.  I'll miss the birthdays we have shared together, both for us and our kids.

Thank you for helping me to understand "man speak" so I can be a better wife to my husband-- that has been huge.  Thank you for standing beside me while I ate a half-dozen Krispy Kremes instead of snatching out of my hand (I would have bitten your hand.  For real.  I ain't playin'.)  Thanks for rolling around on the floor of Mawmaw's <> with me because we had one too many drinks (ok, sadly it was JUST ONE DRINK.).  And, thank you for sharing your laughter with me.  I am addicted to it.  Thanks for sharing your vocal coaching with me and telling me I sounded great while gently making suggestions to me.

Just as God brought my wonderful husband to me, he also brought you to me.  In a BFF 4EVA kind of way.  You truly are my other brain.  I love you more than a sister (Shhh... don't tell her when you talk to her next.)

Bye, sweet friend.  I'm so excited for this golden road the Lord has prepared for you and your wonderful family.  I can't wait to hear all the goodness that awaits.  Can I be the family you call with good news after you call your real family?  I already look forward to hearing your laughter!

Big, big, BIG SMUSHY love to you.  TTYL.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment