Saturday, June 6, 2015

Pink Princess Pajama Party

My sweetest Tiny Princess turned 3!  My how the time has flown by!

And she loves all things princessy!  There isn't one she doesn't love!  So, I decided to throw her a princess party but I was looking for one that wasn't too hard to do because I'm a classic procrastinator (Can I get an amen?!).  And, it absolutely HAD to be pink.

There were a few things that were mandatory for this party to go off without a hitch:
  • It had to be cheap.
  • It had to be able to put together fast.
  • It had to utilize things I already had.
  • It had to have an easy cake.
  • It had to have a pink princess.  A REAL, LIVE, HUMAN pink princess.
"Easy" and "Princess Party" don't usually go hand-in-hand, but I was determined to make it happen!



Hence came the "Pink Princess Pajama Party"!  I scoured Pinterest to find all things pink and princessy and slumber partyish and here is what I came up with:

Let's start with the birthday girl's outfit.  She had to have PJ's, of course!  And, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) is the only pink princess, which is perfect since it was a pajama party!  My girlfriend had an Aurora applique and, as a gift for the tiny princess, she made her shirt!  I found a super easy tutorial online on how to make ruffled pajama pants and I threw them together in a jiff.  Well, maybe not quite as fast as I would have like, but oh well!  The fabric came from Joann Fabric and I had to buy very little of it to make all of it work.  Score on the cheap factor!



 Next, I had promise a REAL, honest-to-goodness princess!  And, those gals don't come cheap these days!  To find someone within my budget, I put out on Facebook that I needed a blonde 16-year-old to be Aurora for me.  My friend offered her daughter for $40 and I was off to the costume store to buy a costume, that I later turned around and sold on Craigslist.  :)  And, she was AWESOME!  She did so many great things with the kids and staying perfectly in character the ENTIRE time!  She told all the little girls at the end of the party that she had to go meet Prince Charming at the ball!  They loved every bit of it!  It was precious!



Decor:  This was the most time consuming part of the whole deal.  I had found an amazing headboard creation on Pinterest from someone who had designed a Night Owl party and had to recreate it using foam core.  So I bought four of the biggest sheets I could find and taped them together to make the width of my dining room table.  I used a pencil, Sharpie, and an Exacto knife to get the headboard and the pillows from the same sheets of foamcore.

I used a plastic table cloth that I had cut into strips as the bedskirt, and a printed plastic tablecloth as the bedspread.   The tissue poms were made from tissue paper.  The tule draped from the top is about 3 yards bought on sale at Hobby Lobby with one of the birthday girl's crowns around the bunching at the top.



The cake!  Since I waited until the last minute, I had to do a quicky cake!  So, since it was a pajama party, I ran over to Walmart and got 2 dozen donuts, stacked them on top of each other, and drizzed pink frosting (canned frosting with red food color) all over the top with sprinkles!  It was a huge hit and so cute!


Extra treats were fun to make, too!  When I was a teacher, we would make slipper cookies for the moms for Mother's Day.  I had grandiose plans to cover my slipper cookies in tinted coconut, just as the years past, but that just didn't happen.  Instead I used the left over pink icing to draw little crowns on the cookies and used left over pink Valentine's Day sprinkles for the top.  To make these, I took Vienna Cookies and glued half a donut hole on to it with icing.  That's it.  Really.  I'm not kidding!


Other party details:  
At Walmart in the party section, I had found these super cute straws with lips and all the little girls could have kissy drinks!  How prissy is that?!  


One thing the little girls did was have a dress-up party!  What is a princess party without dress up clothes?!


And Princess Aurora also painted the toenails of our little princesses with pretty colors and glitter!


Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the "Thank you for coming!" gifts!  I hate I forgot because sometimes that the hardest thing to come up with!  But, just so you know, I had bought pink plastic bowls with straws like these from Walmart.  I had put a small box of cereal inside it and tied a bow around it.  Then, I tucked a little pink spoon in the bow. That was it!  It was perfect!



The bowls looked a lot like these but without the names and the tags.  You can find the actual picture here:  http://catchmyparty.com/photos/961020
That was it! It was such a good time and my little princess had so much fun that she is still talking about it!  I'm not sure  how we are going to trump it for the next one! 

Mommy sure does love her Tiny Princess!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment