Thursday, October 27, 2011

34

34, 34, 34.  Wow.  Didn't see this coming.  When planning my life at 18, I didn't plan past 25.  I'm not sure why, but I am sure glad that I made it past that!  I'm also kinda glad I didn't plan above that.  I couldn't have planned a life like this.  I have a great husband, a wonderful son with a heart of gold, and a beautiful little girl who I look forward to getting to know as she grows.  It's amazing!

They (who ever "they" are) say that life isn't measured by how many breaths we take, but how many take our breath away.  I was never a big fan of that quote and I'm an avid quote collector.  But, last night, I realized it was right.  After opening my birthday gifts (everything I asked for-- sun visor, mandolin slicer, cakepop maker, watch, and other kitchen stuff (Hooray!)), Josh took me to Eez for dinner and TCBY for dessert.  We had the best time!  Half a martini and I was 3 sheets  to the wind (just like old times!) and we had some awesome conversation.  Well, I think we did... I was a little loopy, after all.  Anyway, I felt like we were on our first date!  It was so great!  No kids, no cell phones, constant conversation and hand-holding.  Those were moments that took my breath away.  Hanging out with my husband really made that birthday truly special.  It had to have been the best.  God has blessed me sooo much!  My cup runneth over!

You reach a certain age where the stuff doesn't matter.  I'm totally there...

1 comment: